Uchi-Deshi Summer Camp
EKKC Uchi-Deshi camp is designed to provide its participants a well-balanced exposure into the world of martial arts that is fun, engaging and safe. The program is a blend between Kyokushin Karate, Self Defense, Yoga, Flexibility and Cross Fitness training as well character-building strategies in the areas of Leadership, Goal Setting, Team Building and Self-Awareness. The participants will be challenged throughout the week by participating in skill competitions and games. The camp is intended for all fitness levels with not prior martial arts experience. Our instructors plan each day’s activities to focus on a specific theme in either indoor or outdoor setting.
What to Expect:
The camp can be characterized as athletic in nature and therefore kept only to 3 hours a day. The participants will be exposed to and learn basics in the following areas:
- Kihon (Basic Techniques)
- Ido Geiko (Moving Basics)
- Kata (Basic Forms
- Goshin Jitsu (Basic Self Defence)
- Temashiwari (Board Breaking)
Flexibility Training / Yoga
- Breathing Exercises
- Basic Flexibility Exercises
Indoor Out Door Cross Fitness
- Movement / Balance / Rhythm / Coordination Exercises
- Core Strength Exercises
- Jumping Ability Exercises
Competitions & Games
- Warm Up
- Activity of the Day
- Competitions / Games
- Clean Up
What to Bring:
- Uniforms NOT Necessary!
- Comfortable Clothing
- T-Shirt and Shorts or Sweatpants.
- Water Bottle / Healthy Snack (NO PEANUTS or JUNK FOOD PLEASE)
- Mosquito Repellant
- Age: 5 – 12 (Coed)
- Specialized in Karate and Martial Arts, Offers 4 activities
- 12 session dates to choose from
- Half Day Camp (3 hours).
- 9:00AM to 12:00PM - Morning Group
- 1:00 to 4:00PM - Afternoon Group
- Camp is limited to 20 participants and is suitable for kids ages 5 – 12. Campers may be split into groups based on age and skill level.
- Cost: $230.00 (Siblings are 10%OFF. Please contact us directly for group discounts)
- Bussing not available
- Special needs support not available
Camp Dates – Summer of 2022:
- Week 1 - July 4 – July 8
- Week 2 - July 11 – July 15
- Week 3 - July 18 – July 22
- Week 4 - Aug 8 – Aug 12
- Week 5 - Aug 15, - Aug 19
- Week 6 - Aug 22 – Aug 26
Terms & Conditions:
- All participants must sign a waver
- All participants must sign and familiarize themselves with our COVID Return to Play Policy
- Camp fees are fully refundable if cancelled 14 days prior to camp start date. There are no refunds for cancellations during camp duration
EKKC adheres to all latest recommendations related to group activities as outlined by AHS.
Our camps are limited to 20 participants only and will SELL OUT quickly so please book your spot early to guarantee attendance. You can also put your name on the waiting list and we will notify you once spots become available.